Whether you’re staying in or going to a holiday party, this hot artichoke dip is the perfect healthy addition to any menu.
Holiday Hot Artichoke Dip
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 ounces green chiles
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 can artichokes, drained and chopped
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- On medium high heat, sauté onions, red bell pepper, chiles and garlic in a tablespoon of oil. When onions have become transparent, add in the artichokes and sauté for a few more minutes.
- In a blender, combine cashews and water and process until smooth. Add in lemon juice, liquid aminos, nutritional yeast and salt, blending well. Slowly add remaining olive oil to blender, blending well until smooth.
- Add the blended mixture to the skillet, stirring to combine. Cook until artichoke mixture is heated through. Transfer to a baking dish and place under a broiler for a few minutes in a 350-degree preheated oven until lightly browned.
- Served with bread of your choice.
Bread crumb topping option:
Mix ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs with tbsp. olive oil to produce a mixture that sticks together. Sprinkle over artichoke dip. Add paprika and bake as directed in recipe.