Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ organic yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups sliced organic yellow squash
- 1 egg
- ½ cup organic goat cheese or organic grated cheddar (alternative: cashew cheese)
- ½ cup unsweetened, unflavored almond milk
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup Ezekiel breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped organic parsley
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and squash and cook for 4-5 minutes.
In a bowl, whisk together the egg, cheese, milk, cayenne and salt and pepper.
Place the squash mix in a casserole dish and top with the egg mixture. Sprinkle the Ezekiel breadcrumbs on top and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes. To serve, top with some fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Will you be making this recipe? Post a photo of your Summer Squash Casserole using the hashtag #MAMRecipe